La Porte County Family YMCA
STRENGTHENING COMMUNITY IS OUR CAUSE
The La Porte County Family YMCA is a leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility. We are a powerful association of men, woman and children of all ages and from all walks of life joined together by a shared passion: to strengthen the foundations of our community.
With a commitment to nurturing the potential of kids, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility. Our Y ensures that everyone, regardless of age, income or background, has the opportunity to learn, grow and thrive. To do our important work, our Y relies on support from members, donors, volunteers and community leaders.
Our Y believes that lasting personal and social change can only come about when we all work together to invest in our kids, our health and our community. Every day our impact is felt when a mentor inspires a child, when an individual makes a healthy choice and when the community comes together for the common good.
Our Y is, and always will be, dedicated to building healthy, confident, connected and secure children, adults, families and communities. There is no other nonprofit quite like the Y. Be a part of a cause committed to moving people and communities forward.
Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That’s because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change.
With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children of all ages and from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
Volunteers of the Y:
- Lead our boards and committees;
- Raise funds to ensure the Y is accessible to all members of the community;
- Coach our sports teams and teach many of our classes;
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals;
- Extend a hand to help adults who want to do more, be more or live healthier;
- Advocate for the Y’s efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community;
- Participate in opportunities to give back and support neighbors.
Looking for Coaches & Referees