Welcome to the
The La Porte County Family YMCA strengthens the foundations of our community through well-being and fitness, camps, family time, swim, sports and play, and other activities for people of all ages, incomes and abilities. We’re more than just a place to work out. At the Y, we help build a healthy spirit, mind and body for all with the core values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility at the heart of everything we do.
With a commitment to nurturing youth development, promoting healthy living and fostering a sense of social responsibility, the Y ensures that every individual has access to the essentials needed to learn, grow and thrive.
Strong Kids Campaign
Financial assistance keeps the Y available for kids and families who need us most. We count on the generosity of our members and community to help people of all ages and from all walks of life be more healthy, confident, connected and secure. When you give to the Y, your gift will be a meaningful, enduring impact right in your own neighborhood.We know real progress is only possible if we work together. We're counting on the generous support of community organizations, donors and volunteers to ensure that every youth has the opportunity and resources to navigate through life's challenges and become a successful adult.
When you give to the Y, you strengthen our community and move us all forward. As a leading nonprofit for youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, the Y uses your gift to make meaningful, enduring impact right in your own neighborhood.
The Y transforms lives everyday. Click here to read some of the amazing stories from members of your Y...
IN 2012 THE LA PORTE COUNTY FAMILY YMCA HELPED STRENGTHEN YOUR COMMUNITY BY:
- Enabling 257 kids to attend Summer Adventure Camp and make memories to last a lifetime.
- Providing 783 children with quality, safe, educational and nurturing childcare while 372 families go to work with peace of mind.
- Teaching over 300 children how to swim and about water safety skills.
- Giving 91 children the chance to play in youth sports programs and develop important leadership skills.
- Assisting 71 children to participate in health and wellness programs including, Tae Kwon Do and Seaweed Tumbleweed.
- Financially assisting over 800 families and children with Y membership to build healthy spirits, bodies and minds.
Please make your annual gift by turning in a pledge card or calling (219) 325-9622 or donating online HERE
The Horizon Club is a group of individuals that have made an endowment gift to the Y. These individuals have seen the positive influence that the YMCA has on our community and want to make sure that the Y is here for many years to come.
Contributions to the La Porte County Family YMCA’s endowment fund, whether as an outright gift or as part of your estate planning, make that dream a reality by ensuring that the Y is here in La Porte County for future generations. If you would like more information about the Horizon Club, please call Development Director Shirley Hermsen at (219) 326-1327.